- Fixes bugs 52, 53, 54, 57
- Several image loading bugs fixed (BMP, DEGAS, TIFF)
improvement when using progress windows; this could be drastic when
progress is called many times (e.g.: on a LDV running a 4K image:
- Trace levels LL_GW1 and LL_GW2 added to help troubleshooting GEM messages
- JPEG default quality set to 90 (75 used previously was really poor)
- Support for import Targa 32bit and RLE encoded images
- Support for dithering TC32 --> 256 colors
- PNG image support for import (requires pnglib shared library,see png.txt)
external plugins support for import, zView (see
ImgPriorities/Global sections/leys and Folders/zvLDG in VISION.INI for
configuration). Plugins are available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/z-tools (zView itself) and http://atari.gfabasic.net/htm/zview.htm (LP's zView codec pack)
batch conversions, images above a defined size can be reduced (only
available from english and french VISION.RSC (high resolution)
on image names in catalog window view (hit characters/backspace, switch
between 'starts with' and 'contains' with Control-H)
- Improvements (speed and memory consumption) of .INI file management
thanks to LP and Vido for zView support and testing and Guillaume Tello
and Olivier Landemarre for myAES and memory allocation debugs
- Fixes bugs 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, ,49, 50
- Keyboard strokes improved against different OSes/Virtual environnements
- Progress windows estimate remaining and completion times.
left mouse button on a dialog control is limited to 20 notifications/s,
it was almost impossible to define Real Time Zoom window size with
nowadays computer's speed.
- Hex dump now has search capabilities (binary, ASCII caps/no caps, count, wrap around)
- Logging file a bit like log4j. Controlled by [Logging] section and LoggingFlags et LoggingFile entries from VISION.INI.
- New function InGetKeyFromFile in VAPI
- New function CoGetProcessors in VAPI
New interface Logging and functions LoDoLog and LoGetLogLevel exposed by VAPI
- TT-RAM memory can now be used (automatic selection by VISION upon needs).
- A memory tracker is included and logs allocations/frees/statistics/errors
- Old protection mecanism removed
- If graphic resolution is over 1440x900, True Color wheel is 4 times bigger
- Some hardware capabilities can be masked out to LDVs in VISION.INI, that enables easier testing
- Aranym native NFJPEG is supported (very fast JPEG decoding!)
- Catalog will display most recent images first (before looking at name,
format and biplanes). Please note this mandates catalog file to be
updated. VISION will propose it automatically and exisitng catalog files will be backup-ed prior to the migration.
- Catalog stability enhanced and longfile name support.
- VISION can now manage several catalogs (main form or icon window).
- Catalog dialog and window icon view are kept in sync for updates/adds/removals.
can be selected from window catalog (with support of control/shift
keys); selection can be removed from catalog (DEL key) and image files
can be removed also (shift+DEL). Also accessible from a right-click on catalog window
- A keyword can be defined in catalog INI file to select a category (syntax: Path=[keyword])
- Catalog INI file can now be applied to whole catalog (not only before adding images)
has moved to VMSG.TXT to ease translations and limit errors I have done
German, Italian and Swedish translations using Google Translate.
- VMSG.TXT files consistency can be checked using chkmsg.prg
- If an issue is detected in VISION.INI (e.g. wrong path), VISION will try to fix it automatically.
- New LDV: BlackHole
- VISION is published under MIT license.
- Known bugs and limitations:
- 51:When an icon in the current number of colors already exists, VISION
wrongly tries anyway to free it when exiting. This comes from a very
old and fuzzy color icon library and it is way too tricky to solve this
comparing to the benefit. Note this error is caught by VISION's allocation tracker and does not lead to any crash nor leak. So live with it. This only happens in 16 colors modes.
||An hexa viewer (beta) is available !
Have a look at the downloads page
|Fixes bugs 34, 35, 36,
New version of JPEG (DSP) decoder from Brainstorm thanks
to Carsten Pauer. This version is much better for CT2
VISION is available in Italian
thanks to Lodovico Zanier
New LDV : Perspective
Scale functions ("Change size...", full page,
image browser...) are faster from 2 to 3 times !
Real time zoom speed is increased by 10% to 40% !
Zoom on an image is up to 5 times faster !
All these scale/zoom relative functions are also memory
optimized as hey require *much* less memory to run.
Some totally invisible stuff added in order to prepare
for the future external image modules.
The bit-planes to TOS indexes function (RaRaster2Ind)
is 3 to 4 times faster ! I was thinking of optimizing it
for long away...
New functions RaTC15RemapColors,
Rotation, gamma correction
have been moved into LDV
You can edit the LDV
parameters values by typing in the current displayed
A LDV can change the
parameters sent by VISION (may
be useful if you want your LDV
to set all parameters to the same value)
VISION can manage the
selection, so the LDV has to deal only with a
"full" image (see LDVF_NOSELECTION)
In the "LDV Apply" dialog, we can change the
size of the preview and even hide the source preview in
order to increase the size of the destination preview,
here are the keys of interest in the LDV section of
PreviewDstSize and PreviewSrcSize
If PreviewSrcSize is set to 0, only the destination
preview will be displayed
Some memory optimzations : a lot of static data has been
moved to dynamic allocations like windows, Undo buffers
(you can now have 99 Undo buffer PER image!), etc... Even
with the new features VISION
saves up some 28 KB of memory !
functions are 40% to 300% faster !
||Current version. Fixes bugs 30,
VISION is now available in
German thanks to Ulrich Gunthner
New LDV : Pixelize
New function added for LDVs : GetParams
allows the input of specific parameters
New functions PrSetText
New functions RaGetImgSize,
New interface Configuration
and functions CogetLDVPath
New interface INI
and functions InOpen,
New interface MEM
and functions MeSCopyMemory8,
LDV can now be cancelled
LDV can refuse to work
on the selection block..
When doing Undo/Redo on disk, progress is displayed on
the window information bar
One can force the use of the standard VDI format by
setting the ForceUseStdVDI variable in section [General]
of VISION.INI to 1
You can see LDV
performances by setting the ShowPerf variable in section
[LDV] of VISION.INI to 1
||Fixes bugs 27, 28, and 29
||Fixes bugs 20, 21,22,
- VISION gets modular !
A click with the right mouse button on an image
displays a popup menu, giving you the ability to
Then you can select the LDV you want, have a look
at its details and apply it on an image or a part
A development kit (in
French at the moment but the 'C' source code is
something universal...) is also available !
- Big changes in user interface
- Multitasking environments are much better
- Progres windows are moveale and they redraw
- Some dialog boxes are now non-modal :
. True Color wheel
. Index selection on the color palette (now his
window is freely moveable and resizable)
. The album -Yepee !-
. The thumbnail view of the album -Yepee !-
- A lot of details like you can iconize, move,
resize when a modal window is opened
- New window : Image
Sooo cool, this window allows you to display in a
very quick way the images in a folder like the
ACDSee software on Windows (very nice software
!). This window is displayed at startup and gives
you acces to the following features :
- Load image : the image will be displayed and
the image list of the same folder will be
- Previous/Next image : Display the previous or
the next image in the folder. You can cancel the
loading of an image by typing on the<-- or
--> key and then start the load of another
- Edit : Opens a VISION's
classic window image, giving you access to
- Print : Prints the current image
- Delete : Deletes the image file on disk
- Zoom : Popup used to change the zoom level of
the displayed image
- Move : If the image cannot be fully displayed
in the image browser window, you can move on it
by pressing the left mouse button and moving the
- The default category in album idea is extended by
an INI file
You can associate a INI file instead of a default
category in order to specify the categories to be
set depending on the folder where the image is.
This INI file is defined in the information album
window and is structured like this :
[Lookn] --> n is the finder priority (0 is the
Path=... --> path and mask, if the file to be
addes is contained in this variable, the image
will be added with the following catagories :
Catn=... --> Name of the category n (1,2,3).
If this category does not exist, it will be
created (take care of the 32 categories limit) .
If an error occurs, or if Catn is not defined,
the default album category will be used.
This INI file is very powerful ! If you use to
organize images into folders, once you created
this INI file, all new files will be added
without any need to set up categories image per
- VA_START protocol handled
If your desktop (Thing, Magic,...) uses this
protocol, you can load another image in VISION
without re-starting it again.
- Long names can be used
! IMPORTANT !
Depending on the system version (Tos, Mint,
Magic...), some system functions does not handle
very well long filenames. This can create some
errors especially with the batch convert or album
features. The long names handling can be removed
with the preferences, it replaces the 'scrolling
popups" option which wasn't very useful...
- A right click on the mouse button into the
thumnail album window displays a popup that gives
you access to :
- Image loading
- Information on image
export of the thumnails
- Faster : album sort (up to30 times if your album
is very big (above 8 Mb) ) !
- You can specify the remove, destroy of sources
files and the replacement of existing ones on the
batch convertion window
- Filters can be translated into any language
(create the language name folder into
- The progress window shows the global progress
when adding images into album or batch
- You can have a different start and end line style
in the shape dialog window
- When using lines or KLines tool, coords are
dispalyed in the info bar
- You can start another program by clicking on an
image with the right mouse button (in parallel
with VISION if a
multitasking system is used)
- The palette can be displayed by clicking on an
image with the right mouse button
- SplashWindow key added in vision.ini
- DisplayToolBar key added in vision.ini. To
display it again, open the preference dialog box
- If VISION does not find
the vision.ini file, it gives you the ability to
tell it where it is
- Bugs fixes 15, 17, 18 et 19
- 256 colors dithering (automatic selection)
- SnapShot function added, activated with '*' and
'/' keys on numeric pad:
- JPEG files can be loaded without DSP
- JPEG files can now be generated
- You can divide an image into sub-images and save
it (used to generate an array of images in an
- Interleaved GIF files can be loaded
- Faster : grey level dithering speed-up by 25 % -
- Album window is now resizable
- A new popup appears by clicking with the right
button on a window and displays functions
Restore, Maximiser, Informations, sauve, sauve as
- A log file can be activated in order to produce
automatically a Slide Show file who contains
images loaded with 'Open'
- In 24 bits True Color modes, images are now
correctly displayed (some problems still
- Fixes bugs 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 and 13
- Shareware wait fixed to 15 seconds
||Fixes bug #04
- Automatic detection at start-up of the need to
use of standard VDI format
- Automatic detection at start-up of True Color
plane organization (manual panel has been
- VISION now handles 65K
True Color format (still not 24 bits format !)
- Keyboard speed-up (using direction arrows) to
move into images or window catalog
- The window catalog is less "modal":
except modifications on images, you can do
everything (close, move, iconize...)
- All styles (lines, points...) are now saved in
- The right white strip has been removed in
- In .VSS slide-show files, you can insert a
comment at the end of a command line
- Fixes bugs #02 and #03
- Shareware wait set to 10 seconds
||Fixes bug #01
||First Shareware version. Updates are:
- Real Time window zoom
- Fastest !
- More compliance with graphics cards (still not
- Disk undos up to 99 levels
- Slide-Show linked with catalogue
- Minor bugs fixed
Quicky replaced by version 3.0b
||Last version distributed by ALIAS